Create Custom Mailer ID field for IM Barcode Printing
If you have a Mailer ID and want to use a field in your database to assign the Mailer ID and/or Service Type, follow these instructions to use a field in your database for that purpose:
- Exit the AccuZIP6 program.
- Browse to the C:\Program Files\AccuZIP6 5.0\iMail folder, and open the imailbcinfo.dat file in a text editor.
- To the file imailbcinfo.dat file, add these lines below Use Serial Number From Field:
Use Mailer ID From Field=
Use Service Type From Field=
[First Class] Mailer ID= Service Type= Serial Number Range= Use Serial Number From Field= Use Mailer ID From Field= Use Service Type From Field= Last Serial Number Used=
- Repeat this process for each class of mail used, i.e., “[First Class]”, “[Standard Mail]”, etc...
- Close the imailbcinfo.dat file, then click Yes to save the changes.
- Launch AccuZIP6.
- From the Additions menu, choose AccuTrace > Intelligent Mail Setup...
- Click the + next to the class of mail and enter the field name you wish to use for the Mailer ID and/or the Service Type. After typing in the name of the field, press the Enter key to lock it in.
- Repeat Step 8 for each class of mail you'll be using. Click OK when you're finished.