Use IM Barcode Serial Number From Field
If you have a field in your database that contains a numeric serial number that you'd like to use as the serial number portion of the Intelligent Mail Barcode, follow the instructions below:
- Pull down the Additions menu to AccuTrace and choose Intelligent Mail Setup.
- In the Intelligent Mail Information Setup window, double click on the class of mail.
- Click the question mark (?) character under Use Serial Number From Field* in your chosen class configuration option. The character will highlight.
- Click it again to change it to a text editing box that you can use to input the exact Field Name. When you're done entering your Mailer ID in the proper location, press the Enter key on your keyboard. That will finalize the entry.
The content of the field that you specified in Step 4 will be used in the Serial Number portion of the IM Barcode.
Note: The Field Name must not begin with a number, it cannot contain any non-alpha/numeric characters and it must be 10-characters or less in length. The content of the field in your database must contain only numbers. If you have a 9-digit Mailer ID, then the data in your user define serial number must be 6 or fewer digits, otherwise it can contain up to 9 digits.
*If you do not see the Use Serial Number From Field option inside the Intelligent Mail Setup window, follow the steps below:
- Close the Intelligent Mail Setup window.
- Use Windows Explorer to Browse to C:\Program Files\AccuZIP6 5.0\iMail\.
- Delete the imailbcinfo.dat file.
- Re-enter the Intelligent Mail Setup window.