Add Periodicals Zone Information to Database
The following technote shows you how to add a zone field to your presort file, which will allow you to see Periodicals zone information after you export your data.
- Pull down the File menu to Open Database.
- Browse to the C:\Program Files\AccuZIP6 5.0\iPresort\Templates folder, then open the presortout.dbf file.
- Pull down the Edit menu to Fields, then create a field named zone. Make it a character type field, with a width of 3.
- Close the presortout.dbf.
- Open the database that you'd like to presort.
- Presort the file, and in the Print Presort window, click on the Print Labels button.
- In Print Settings, click on the Output pull down menu and choose Disk File. Click Continue.
- Click on the Export All Fields box, or choose the fields that you'd like to export. If you're manually selecting fields, make sure you select the Zone field.
- Choose an export format from the Export Format pull down menu (choose AccuZIP6 5.x Database if you'll be opening this output file in AccuZIP6), then click Export.
- Give the file a name and decide where you want to save it, then click Save.
This output file that you've exported is your database in presort order, with zone information in the file.