Compressing and Restoring Files
If you need to e-mail a database or have received a zipped database (a database compressed with Winzip, which has a .zip extension), you can use AccuZIP6 to zip or unzip the file. AccuZIP6 has a built in compression tool. Compressing your files helps save space when storing files for future use. It also makes e-mail transfers faster and more efficient. To compress a file in AccuZIP6 follow the directions below:
- With the file open in AccuZIP6, pull down the File menu to Backup.
- AccuZIP6 will save the compressed file to the same location as the original file by default. To change the location of the compressed file, click on the disk button in the Backup window and choose a location.
- Click the Backup button.
To restore a file that has been zipped follow the directions below:
- In AccuZIP6, pull down the File menu to Restore.
- Click on the Folder button in the Restore window.
- Browse to the compressed file location and select the file.
- Click OK.
- Click Restore.
If the file is an AccuZIP6 database (or a DBF) AccuZIP6 will prompt you to open the file. If the file is any other format, you can open it by pulling down the File menu to Open List.