Remove Duplicates based on any field
- From the Select menu, choose Show Duplicates.
- In the Show Duplicates window, click on the User Defined tab.
- In the Matchcode Setup window, make sure nothing is appearing in the text box for Step 3. Use the Red X button to eliminate any lines that might be in the Step 3 text box.
- At Step 1, click on the field list pull down menu, and choose the field that you'd like to use for this Duplicate Search.
- At Step 3, click on the + button to add the selected field to the match code window.
- If you'd like to run the duplicate search based on more than one field in your database, repeat steps 4 and 5 to add extra fields to the match code.
- For example, if you'd like to run the duplicate search based on the fields Last and Email, you'd select Last from the pull down menu in Step 1 and click the + button in Step 3, then select the Email field in Step 1 and click the + button in Step 3.
- Click the Start button to begin the Duplicate Search.