Add a sequence number to your database
- From the Edit menu, choose Fields.
- Click on the top field name in the list, then, click Insert.
- A Newfield will appear. Highlight the Newfield name and type the word: Record.
- Make this field a Numeric type field and make the width of it wide enough to accommodate the amount of records in your database. If your database has 5,000 records then your field should be at least 4 characters wide.
- Click OK, then click Yes when prompted to make the Structure changes permanent.
- From the Edit menu, choose Command.
- Click the New button.
- In the Save As box, type, "Add a Record Name" and then press Tab.
- In the Command Statement Syntax box type the following command:
Replace all record with recno()
- Click Run.