wrong addresses coming back from NCOA?

Use this forum for any questions regarding our change of address module

Moderators: Chrissy, Steve, Terry, Donna, Dave, Eric, MartyH, Kristen, Geoff, Vince

BrendaM
Private

wrong addresses coming back from NCOA?

Post by BrendaM » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:09 am

Has anyone received an address from the NCOA updates that turns out to be incorrect?

We have had experience with a few and our postal rep doesn't seem to have a clue as to why the information was given from the NCOA. Their general response has been someone had to have filled out a change of address card.

If you have run across this problem do you have suggestions as to how I can research, who would be a good person to approach with our situations.

One small list had 3 incorrect NCOA-- list was 350 names, 12 NCOA hits and 3 were incorrect. Our client was able to contact the three people by phone (a next door neighbor, a family friend, and a family member about their "moves"). No one in their family had moved or had turned in change of address cards.

I just had another issue come up this morning for someone who sent in a change of address to our client which was different than the NCOA that we ran for them on a mailing last week. The address was totally different from the one they were giving. When contacted by phone they didn't know anyone at that address (even in a different state than their move).
Any insight anyone has gained and is willing to share will be appreciated.

Brenda

Dave
Site Admin

Has anyone received an address from the NCOA updates that tu

Post by Dave » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 am

The NCOALink data that is updated through our licensed NCOALink service comes directly from the NCOALink department at the USPS.

If the address was changed based on a match in the USPS data, that would mean there was a Change of Address filed. You can notify the PO that there was an error in their system. They should also be able to look up the address and tell you the exact date that the COA filed.

AccuZIP6 matches to an exact match of the address, and then name matching algorithm is used to determine an appropriate match.
Our matches are 100% accurate to the information in the NCOALink data at the USPS. Please email the addresses in question to ncolaink@accuzip.com if you would like us to find additional information for you.

BrendaM
Private

Thanks, Dave.

Post by BrendaM » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks, Dave.

I knew the problem wasn't generated withing AccuZip, but since I had been getting the blank stares and "it can't be the USPS fault" I thought some of the folks there might have run into this an had already cut through the red tape of reporting the error.

I appreciate your feedback. As always you guys are on top of your game an have the correct information for us.

:D