Printing on Inch and a half labels

Printing postal or non postal reports, container tags, address labels, addresses on the mailpiece, and PDF's of reports.

Moderators: Chrissy, Steve, Terry, Donna, Dave, Eric, MartyH, Kristen, Geoff, Vince

labelprep
Private

Printing on Inch and a half labels

Post by labelprep » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:20 am

I am having ALOT of trouble printing on an inch and a half label. I had done it before, but lost all my settings and am trying desperately to do a new template for this.
I can't remember if there can be 4 across and 7 down or 4 across and 8 down. Which would be either 28 or 32 addresses per page.
Each time I select either of these, at the bottom of the page I still end up with about an inch gap of blank space at the bottom.
I've reset the detail column within the template to indicate 1.5 high label, but I still continue to have the same problem.
Please help!!!

addressman1
Private

inch and a half labels

Post by addressman1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm not 100% sure but I would chack that your form size is set to 12 inches. This would give you 8 down 4 across = 32 labels. I assume these are cheshire labels.

Make sure header and footer bands are set to 0 for height.

Good luck
Mike

Eric

Post by Eric » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:46 am

Addressman is correct.

Edit your label template.
Pull down the File menu to Page Setup. Click on the Page Setup button. Click on the Printer button, then make sure the correct printer is selected. Click OK.

Choose a paper size of 8.5 x 12. You need a 12" paper size because 1.5" divides evenly into 12, and that's the key to not having labels skip.
Choose a source of tractor feed or continuous feed. Click OK.
In the Print Area, choose Whole Page rather than Printable Page. Click OK.
In the Label Designer, pull down the Report menu and make sure Printer Environment is checked.

Close the template, save the changes, and you're set!
Chat with an AccuZIP6 technician weekdays from 7-4 PST with AccuZIP6 Live Online Support