How to properly delete the AMSDATA folder from your system

Support information relating to the CASS Certification process of AccuZIP6. More information can be found in the NCOALink forum.

Moderators: Chrissy, Steve, Terry, Donna, Dave, Eric, MartyH, Kristen, Geoff, Vince

Eric

How to properly delete the AMSDATA folder from your system

Post by Eric » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 am

After installing the AccuZIP6 October/November DVD, you may want to delete the previous edition's' AMSDATA folder to free up some drive space.

To remove the AMSDATA folder, please follow these exact directions, otherwise you may end up with an error when attempting to link to the USPS Database:

Click Start > Control Panel and go into Add/Remove Programs (or Uninstall a Program).
Uninstall AccuZIP6 AMSDATA with SuiteLink
Uninstall AccuZIP6 AMSDATA
Once these have been uninstalled, you can delete the C:\Program Files\AccuZIP6 5.0\AMSDATA folder.
Chat with an AccuZIP6 technician weekdays from 7-4 PST with AccuZIP6 Live Online Support

ChrisGallucci
Private

Post by ChrisGallucci » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:06 am

Fixed. Thanks!

Installed the update and had to copy & re-connect my data on the thumb drive.

Attempting to connect generates the following error...
USPS Database files are out of sync:
E:\ACCUZIP6 5.0\ADRDARA\NATIONAL\IDX.01

Linking to the National Database Was not successful.
(There might be a typo as I had to hand type the message.)

This error also occurs on my 2nd installation (no thumbdrive).

[/b]

Eric

Out of Sync error

Post by Eric » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:30 am

http://www.accuzip.com/files/accuaddress.zip

Download the accuaddress.zip file. With AccuZIP6 closed, extract the accuaddress.zip file. This will give you the AccuAddress.dll. Place the AccuAddress.dll file in the C:\Program Files\AccuZIP6 5.0 folder.

Launch AccuZIP6 and you should be able to connect to the USPS Database and validate.
Chat with an AccuZIP6 technician weekdays from 7-4 PST with AccuZIP6 Live Online Support

LIST001
Private

Post by LIST001 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 am

I installed with no problems and moved the dpv folder to the flash drive and mapped accuzip to that folder and was able to successfully connect to the dpv data in accuzip.

When I run an NCOA job through accuzip now I seems to be running 1/2 the speed of before the update.

I have 6 accuzip machines and only installed the new update on two of them so far. So, I ran a test of the same file on an old version and the new updated version.

The old version validated records in 1/2 the time that the new updated version did. The speed screen of the old version was reporting about 700,000 rec/hour while the new updated version was reporting around 300,000 rec/hour.

Should I be seeing the same times on the updated version as on the previous update or is the new version going to be 1/2 the speed that we are used too?

I asking mostly because we have some very big jobs we run with between 100-300 million records that we have to break out into 40-60 smaller files that each take about 1-1.5 hours to process. If it's going to take twice as long to process these jobs it will significantly effect our productivity.

pilviaccuzip
Private

Post by pilviaccuzip » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Should I be seeing the same times on the updated version as on the previous update or is the new version going to be 1/2 the speed that we are used too?
I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

Also, any ideas on the optimum setup for the greatest validation speed with the new version, i.e. putting various files on SSD, RAMDrive, etc.?

Thanks.

ChrisGallucci
Private

Post by ChrisGallucci » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:00 am

According to their release notes, there is no longer any benefit to using thumb drives or ram drives.

I moved my mappings off the thumb drive. I didn't test thumb drive performance old vs new, but my NCOA jobs are running about the same now of the hard drive as before when using the thumb drive.

ChrisGallucci
Private

Post by ChrisGallucci » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:02 am

I'd like to amend my previous post and note that our performance has notably degraded with this release.