What changes can I expect when I validate with DPV?

Support information relating to the CASS Certification process of AccuZIP6. More information can be found in the NCOALink forum.

Moderators: Chrissy, Steve, Terry, Donna, Dave, Eric, MartyH, Kristen, Geoff, Vince

Eric

What changes can I expect when I validate with DPV?

Post by Eric » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:39 am

When you validate your addresses, the Delivery Point Validation and LACSLink boxes are automatically checked in the Validate window. If you try to uncheck these, you'll receive a message telling you these boxes cannot be checked, and they will automatically check again.

When you had validated in the past, records that were found in the USPS Database were given a status_ of V, a ZIP+4, carrier route, and barcode information.

Now, records that are found in the USPS Database are checked against the DPV Database. If the address is found in the DPV database, then that means the address is a real address, and it will get a status_ of V, a ZIP+4, crrt, and barcode information.

Records that were found in the USPS Database but were NOT found in the DPV_ database (indicated by a capital N in the first position of the DPV_ field), will get an N in the status_ field and will not get a barcode or ZIP+4. These records are now treated as nonautomation records, as even though they were found in the USPS Database of address ranges, the physical address could not be confirmed.
Chat with an AccuZIP6 technician weekdays from 7-4 PST with AccuZIP6 Live Online Support